|Prep Time:||15 Min||Servings:||72 cookies||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 3⁄4 cup Non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Ground flaxseed
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 11⁄2 cup Almonds, chopped
- 2 cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray cooking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix together flour, oatmeal, ground flaxseed, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Add almonds and chocolate chips (if desired) and mix until blended.
- Form into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Makes 72 cookies.
Consider using carob chips instead of chocolate chips as a healthier alternative.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 1.3g Total fat 4.2g Carbohydrates 9.9g Calories 81 Sodium 70.0mg Cholesterol 6.0mg