|Prep Time:||25 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 11⁄2 cup Canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz. White chunky tuna, packed in water, drained
- 2/3 cup Salsa
- 11⁄2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Green onion, sliced (green and white parts)
- In a large saucepan combine oil, chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until onion begins to brown, 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, beans, tuna, salsa, chili powder and cumin to sauce pan. Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is heated through.
- To serve ladle chili into bowls and garnish with green onion and multigrain chips.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 30g Total Fat 12g Carbohydrates 31g Calories 309 Sodium 155mg Cholesterol 38mg